We live in a strange world. A world where you can go out today and buy a brand new car for under £10k and it will come with remote controlled central locking and of course, an engine immobiliser and full blown insurance approved alarm!
Oddly enough, when you spend 5 times that on a Horsebox, you get nothing of the sort. What makes this even crazier is the fact that Horseboxes are stolen every day in the UK!
However, unlike a car a Horsebox can be very difficult to replace, more so if there is tack inside, or worse still, livestock!
First things first, get it immobilised. But be careful, as many unprofessional security installers may not be aware that these vehicles are often 24v and therefore, require specific products. A simple transponder based system, that require no physical action at all, is the best option.
Tweets from the shop floor
- Scorpiontrack Cat 5 (Insurance Approved) | https://t.co/oXJq79aVlR
- Toadtrak | https://t.co/DnYeehoPcr
- New rating reveals models with no anti-relay-theft security measures https://t.co/waBODN38S9 via @thisismoney
- Sterling Touch immobiliser (Insurance Approved) | https://t.co/jr5uZjjZ8I
- #MotorbikeSecurity | At the heart of #Datatag are uniquely coded transponders, which are permanently hidden within… https://t.co/BCFKs5a7X0
- Alarm System 4 Plus | Protect your HGV with the leading name in electronic vehicle security. All Laserline systems… https://t.co/sYXFwB2y90
Horse Alarm & Tracking
As for an alarm we suggst using a wireless system, thus prevent the need for wires and cables to be run all over the Horsebox, at the same time eliminating the chances of any wire corrosion or snagging.
Infra red motion sensors can be located in various areas and even lockers, to ensure that every aspect of the Horsebox and it’s contents are protected.
For those Horseboxes that are almost impossible to replace, consider fitting a tracking system. Trackstar is currently the UK’s most popular system and not only uses GPS to ensure a constant accurate location is possible, but covers the whole of Europe too. So should you head onto the continent, you will still get the same level of protection and service, that’s available to you here in the UK.
GAP Promises You 3 Things…
Quality workmanship with direct approval from manufacturers such as Clifford, Toad, Laserline and Trackstar and with the peace of mind that GAP Security is an elected member of the MESF (Mobile Electronic Security Federation).
Servicing customers to the highest level! Websites allowing you to communicate there and then with a consultant; telephone links for customers directly to an technician, and a professionalism not usually found in the vehicle security industry.