In 2010, more than 35,000 people were affected by bike theft, which while being relatively small in comparison to that of cars, still represents a serious problem in the UK and contributed, significantly, to the 340,000 total vehicles stolen in 2010. That’s 1 bike for every 40 on the road; almost twice that of cars!
This equates to 100 bikes being stolen every day, with a combined value of £3m every month and 80% of these machines are stolen from home. The recovery rate is even more bleak, with only 32% ever seen again, compared with 65% for cars.
There are a number of ways in which you can prevent your machine adding to these statistics. These include electronic motorcycle security, such as an alarm, immobiliser or tracking system; using secured motorbike parking when out and about; mechanical security including ground anchors, chains and disc locks and finally, parts marking and identification products like Datatag.
In practice however, it is not always possible to use a secured bike park; mechanical security is cumbersome and difficult to carry around and identification marking will not prevent your bike from being stolen, merely increase the chances of your bike being recovered if stolen. However, at GAP Security we believe that prevention is better than cure and with our help, you can protect your investment easily and affordably.
Tweets from the shop floor
- Fleet Tracking | 100% web based, no installation, no downloads and guaranteed reliability Innovative, industry lead… https://t.co/FaDYEVHSGb
- Procatt Catalytic Converter Alarm 1 | The Catalytic converter alarm system is universal and will fit any size conve… https://t.co/oUqEmZ3LWo
- Procatt Catalytic Converter Alarm 2 | Any attempt to unbolt or remove the sensors, leads to an immediate alarm, giv… https://t.co/acz9dRVwpc
- Procatt Catalytic Converter Alarm 3 ( Thatcham Approved ) | Free Installation at home or at work and Of course our… https://t.co/Wog4u4536T
- Reversing Sensors With Mobile Fitting | 4 x 19 mm diameter ultrasonic sensors are mounted into the rear of the vehi… https://t.co/T2vr0dVsPC
- Parking Sensors | the main control unit provides distance information via a small speaker within the receiver as ve… https://t.co/WcPnpIaYG8
Van Alarm & Tracking
The Home Office have several categories for bike theft, marked Red, Amber and Green; Red being most at risk and Green least. In the case of Red, more than 50 bikes in every thousand are stolen. It will therefore come as no surprise to see that the Red category contains Honda and Suzuki models dated as far back as 1986. Yamaha models are vulnerable too from 1992 to 1986 and Piaggio back to 1992.
If your bike isn’t included here don’t think for one moment that you’re safe; a massive number of models are at least Medium risk between 7 and 50 bikes per 1000 stolen! So whether your riding an Aprilia or Yamaha R1; you’ve no guarantee.
GAP Security provides you with a comprehensive range of alarms, immobilisers and motorcycle tracking systems including some of the best loved and most recognised products on the market. Datatool, Laserline, Datatag and Tracker can all be fitted at the location of your choice, to almost any machine.
Comprehensive warranties are provided with every system and a £250 cash-back guarantee if the system is defeated within the first year! Our alarms, immobilisers and tracking systems are Thatcham approved and fitted in accordance to the MESF (Mobile Electronic Security federation) code of conduct and the manufacturers guidelines.
GAP Promises You 3 Things…
Quality workmanship with direct approval from manufacturers such as Clifford, Toad, Laserline and Trackstar and with the peace of mind that GAP Security is an elected member of the MESF (Mobile Electronic Security Federation).
Servicing customers to the highest level! Websites allowing you to communicate there and then with a consultant; telephone links for customers directly to an technician, and a professionalism not usually found in the vehicle security industry.